Entrance Exams for Foreign Nationals
1. Applicant qualification
- Applicants must be overseas students and are required to have graduated (or will graduate by March, 2017) from high school overseas. Note: applicants are required to have Japanese proficiency to understand courses conducted in Japanese.
- Applicants must be overseas students who have completed twelve years of formal education, or who will complete twelve years of formal education as of March, 2017 and will be 18 years of age by April 1st, 2017. Note: applicants are required to have Japanese proficiency to understand courses conducted in Japanese.
- Applicants who are recognized by Hanazono University as having equivalent qualifications to those above.
Applicants must meet one of the three qualifications above and have taken the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (Japanese language).
2. Period of application, examination dates
|Spring Semester||Fall Semester|
|Period of application||September 25th(Monday) to October 5th (Thursday), 2017 [postmarked not later than October 5th.]
To be accepted at Hanazono University office by 17:00, October 6th (Friday)
|January 10th(Wednesday) to January 30th (Tuesday), 2018 [postmarked not later than January 30th.]
To be accepted at Hanazono University office by 17:00, January 31th (Wednesday)
|Examination dates||October 14th (Saturday), 2017||February 9th (Friday), 2018|
3. Application procedure
 Documents to be submitted and application fee
- Completed application form A, photograph B, application fee receipt C, and bank transfer form (振込依頼書) D (prescribed form)
- Documents certifying graduation (or prospective graduation) and academic record of your school (Both must be issued within the last three months.)
- Letter of recommendation issued by the school principal or head of the educational institution (prescribed form)
【A document certifying that the applicant visited Japan for the purpose of studying abroad (if the applicant resides in Japan when applying.)】
- A document certifying that the applicant is able to study in Japanese (if the applicant does not reside in Japan when they apply.)
Specify the date and purpose of entry into Japan in Japanese. (no prescribed form)
- A document certifying the applicant’s attendance and academic record (if the applicant attends a Japanese language school.)
- A document concerning residence qualifications
Submit either of:
- A document certifying the records of the applicant’s residence card (This must be issued within the last three months.)
- A copy of the residence card (a document certifying the records of the applicant’s resident ledger, if it has not been renewed.)
＊The residence qualification after entrance is limited to studying abroad.
- A copy of document certifying the results in the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (Japanese language)
- Submit one copy even if the applicant has taken the examination more than once.
- Application fee
 Admission decision
- The results in the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (Japanese language)