Course Information about Hanazono University Japanese Language Program for International Students
Our program is designed for the overseas students who wish to proceed to a degree program at a Japanese university or to acquire Japanese language skills for future educational and career opportunities. Offering two options ― one year course starting in spring, and one and a half year course starting in fall, it aims at improving your Japanese language proficiency, as well as enhancing your deeper understanding of Japanese culture and allowing you to enjoy experiencing the Japanese spirit of Zen. Hanazono University, ideally located in the heart of Japan Kyoto, home to many cultural and historical landmarks, helps you to make your dreams come true.
FEATURES AND PRIVILEGES
- Those who wish to proceed to Hanazono University degree programs after our Japanese language program are eligible for a special admission option ― the successful candidates will be given priority in the admission process. They are also eligible for reduced entrance and tuition fees.
- You can freely utilize the following facilities of the University like the undergraduate students:
- Library, housing more than 340,000 volumes
- Cafeteria, cozy and clean, meals available at reasonable price
- PC rooms
- Medical Center
- Free Wi-Fi on campus
- Taking the placement test, you will be put in the class that best suits your Japanese skills, so you can make steady improvements in your study. You can not only study Japanese language but also take classes needed to proceed to a university degree program and those specifically designed for The Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) and The Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU).
- Kyoto City provides international students with a variety of supports such as job assistance, subsidy for national health insurance, and lodging assistance. You can also freely ask the university staff for advice concerning your daily lives and studies, which will make your living a comfortable one.
- We believe accommodation is a matter of great importance. Hanazono University offers an on-campus dormitory. It provides you with an opportunity to learn and study in a safe setting.
Fees (JPY) ：
1-year Course, starting in Spring
1.5-year Course, starting in Fall