1 General Scholarship of the Japan Student Services Organization
Who Can Apply
- Students must be self-supported foreign nationals with a “College Student” visa
- Students must not receive remittances of more than 90,000 yen per month.
- Students must meet grade requirements.
- Undergraduates / 48,000 yen per month
- Graduates / 48,000 yen per month
- 1 year
2 Hanazono University Scholarship Fund
Who Can Apply
- Self-supported foreign nationals with a good academic record who have trouble pursuing their studies for financial reasons.
- Students must finish their semesters in the shortest required period.
- Students must obtain “College Student” visa.
- Students must not receive scholarship of more than 30,000 yen per month from an affiliated organization.
As for other types of scholarship, check the bulletin board to apply at the Student Affairs Office.
Shortened List of Clubs
Japanese archery, tea ceremony, calligraphy, *iaidô*, traditional Japanese music, international student association, history circle, Kyoto strolling, basketball, badminton, volleyball, etc.
Many students from China, Korea and other countries enroll in Hanazono University. Students of every country form a club and participate as a club in activities such as the bazaar held at the school festival.
|Photo of international students at the 2004 university festival|
Special Program for Foreign Nationals
Each May, foreign students of our university go on a trip together –– an opportunity to sightsee some famous spots and experience Japanese culture.
This year (2016) we visited Tojinbo on the coast of Fukui, Kenrokuen Garden in Kanazawa, and experienced making *kamaboko*. At our *ryokan *we enjoyed the *onsen* and Japanese cuisine. It was a great chance for foreign students to deepen friendships and enjoy a trip together.